The Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan


Renewal Procedures

Identity cards must be renewed in the following cases:

  1. In case of loss of identity card.

Indicating the place, time and condition on loss of identity card, the citizen must give a written notice to territorial police departments on registration place. At this time, the citizen who lost his/her identity card must present 3 (three) colored photos in the size of 25x30 mm and the document of the paid state duty by filling application form No.2

 Note: If the citizen who lost identity card finds the lost one after a new ID card is given to the citizen, he/she must give the lost ID card to police department.

The citizen whose identity card is stolen must apply to territorial police departments for this crime and must give a reference confirming fact of theft to territorial police department. And then a new identity card is given to the citizen.


  1. When citizen reaches an age of 25-35-50

Application form No.2, 3 (three) colored photos, the document of the paid state duty to Registration and Identity Card Service. 
3. In case of change in surname, first name, middle name, marital status of citizen

- The citizen must present certificates for birth, marriage and divorce issued by Registration office, military ID card or attached certificate in change of military service, 3 colored photos and the document of the paid state duty to Registration and Identity Card Service, with Application form No.2

State duty is paid for the change of Identity Card

For 10 days - 5 AZN;
For 3 working days - 25 AZN;
For 1 working day - 35 AZN


Regional Department and Offices more
Subscribe To Electronic Queue Enter